Tuesday, November 07, 2006

what an annoying day

Everything annoyed me today. Work was one problem after another. There was a foster parent dinner Friday night and I went. Many of the caseworkers don't go to it. I've heard people say 'when they have a caseworker appreciation dinner, I'll go'. People say that foster parents sign up for the job, know what they are getting into and are paid. I know they have a hard job, and I wouldn't want it. Let's face it, they get 'broken' kids; many with behavior problems. There is a particular unit that hosts the dinner, but all they did was hand out name tags and walked the door prizes to the people. They were paid overtime to go to the dinner, no other workers were. So after recognizing the foster parents, the commissioner thanks the staff who hosted the dinner.....hello you have other caseworkers there who didn't have to be but went-and we didn't even get paid. So let me get to the point of this tangent....a woman sang at the dinner-she was invited to, and she had a beautiful voice. She was asked to sing another song later in the evening. I had to leave before that performance, but I hear she sang a gospel song. And someone's guest told the deputy commissioner they were insulted because they were jewish. Doesn't every religion believe in a God or a higher power? Get over yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home