Monday, September 18, 2006

ponderings

It was a nice quiet weekend. I sewed, so that relaxed me. As I was making a quilt for someone who wants it by 10/7, another person called asking if I could quilt something for her by the end of the week. She dropped it off yesterday afternoon. I did end up getting most of the quilt top done for the 1st person, but I don't think I like it; I definitely don't like the shape. She picked a twin size. This looks really long and narrow, but it's her quilt. I will show her today; I think she should add 2 rows to the side. We'll see. My brother and his wife had a baby last week. Their 5th! Their oldest is in college and the youngest was 11! Imagine starting all over again. He called last night and said the baby is sick, I guess jaundiced. He's all upset and wants my mom to come out for a few days. They live a little over an hour away. I don't know what mom is supposed to do, she's not a doctor! Ok, I admit it, I am a little bitter. Here I am, single with no kids, and they, who can't afford anymore, have another child. And they took the name I wanted if I had a girl. But they don't know that. I just wonder why things happen they way they do. Why didn't I ever meet anyone, get married and have kids? Instead I have to be on the sidelines of everyone's life watching them with their kids; especially the clients who don't take care of theirs. There. I said it. They say everything happens for a reason...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home