Thursday, September 14, 2006

bad week

Wow, what a week. I had to remand a child and place him in a foster home last night. We had to go out with the police, serve the papers on the father and take the child into custody. I hate remands. The child, almost 3, never cried. He came willingly with us who were strangers, then we dropped him at an emergency foster home who was a stranger. He walked up the stairs and in the door like he owned the place. Then today, I had to go get him and move him to a more permanent place. So he went again to another strangers and no crying. He walked into the new house and went to the toys and started playing and took over. I'm glad he wasn't crying, but to go so willingly with several strangers...scary.
I also had a melt down in my supervisor's office on Tuesday morning. Then I had to go out of town to 2 facilities. I hate to cry. I do it when I obviously am hurt, but when I get very frustrated or angry. Tuesday I hit my breaking point. The drive did me good though. I was gone 6 1/2 hours and got back late. I never turned the radio on all day.
As of today, I have 9 hours of comp, which turn into 13.5. Great...more time I can't use. This results in extra days off, but you get behind if you take off. I planned on working 1/2 days on Saturdays, but that results in comp time. On top of the vacation time I haven't used, I have about 14 extra days off. I could really use a day off.

1 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

I hope this week is a better one for you.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home