Wednesday, August 30, 2006

reflections

Ok, first things first. My luggage arrived this afternoon. Once it arrived, I got on the phone to US Airways. I was going to send an email to them, but the website said it was limited to 2000 characters. I'm not sure what that comes out to, but I wasn't taking any chances, so I called. I voiced my displeasure with yesterdays events and the lady said she would send a $150 travel voucher to both Tina and I, good for 1 year. I feel better already.
I was very nice about it too and told her I didn't know if it was a US Air problem or a Philly problem, but it's all US Air staff, and that I didn't expect anything to be done, but wanted to voice my concern. I don't know why I go to Las Vegas. I come back spending way too much money and then beat myself up over it. I really spent a lot this time. I had it to spend, but planned on doing other things with it. I guess I do know why I go...it's the same reason I ride rollercoasters or other rides; to recapture my youth. We rode Speed at the Sahara. We had actually talked to the cab driver about the rides in Vegas. He said Speed was quick and that the Manhattan Express at New York New York was much worse. The Express is a rollercoaster and the last time I rode it, I thought my legs would give out after I got off the ride. Speed is a 45 second ride with a loop or 2 that goes up a pole, stops, then you go through the ride backwards. You can go the website at the Sahara to learn more specifics. My heart was pounding walking up to the gate, so much that I thought it would pop out of my chest. I had Robert feel my chest, you could feel it. I was told the ride starts out like a rocket. So as it starts, I scream like a girl, but then that was it. I kept my eyes open, even through the loops. On the way back through I let out a yell like a 'hell yeah', not an 'I'm going to shit my pants I'm so scared' yell. When we got back to the gate I breathed a big sigh, like pressure was lifted. Actually I felt at the time like a release after sex. Satisfied. Tina and I went to church Saturday night for Sunday, just like I do at home. On Sunday, we switched to The Flamingo down on the strip because I had 2 nights comped there. What a place. There was a huge lobby and a VIP check in and a 'regular' check in for us commoners. I told Tina we were way out of our league there! They had 4 pools and it was gorgeous. We got down to the pool at 9am and there were already lots of people there. The sun wasn't even on most of the pool, but many of the prime spots were taken. They had palm trees on islands in the pool and a waterfall. There were a lot of ledges to sit on in the pool. There were even chairs on some ledges; you could sit on the ledge or up in the chair with your feet in the water. The downside was that those islands with the palm trees had a lot of cigarette butts and empty beer bottles and cups. People walk through the pool carrying beers and smoking. When Tina and I were leaving yesterday, I checked my voice mail at work, just to see how many messages, not to listen to them. I had 9 messages; Tina had 18. Not bad. I talked to my friend Catherine tonight and she told me that on one of my cases, the kids were placed into foster care while I was gone. Most of the time we say good, cuz it was necessary. The bad part is having to deal with the mother. The only advantage, well there's 2....to being on vacation while it happened is simply 1: I didn't have to take the kids out of the home. That's never a good scene, kids and mothers crying. And 2: I wasn't the bad guy who took the kids out of the home. I get to say I didn't do it, I don't know what happened, but let's fix it and move forward. I only have to work 2 days this week, then a 3 day weekend. I don't think they will be 2 good days. Good thing I bought a Powerball ticket tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home