Tuesday, August 15, 2006

more dreams

I'm still sitting here thinking of that awesome drive. Remind me in the winter, with the lake effect snow, how great a drive it is. I love to go along and look at the lake, then the incredible houses and dream.......I imagine what the massive houses might look like inside, and think how romantic it would be to be there with a lover on a sultry summer night, sipping wine and falling in love....or raising kids. There are many houses for sale along the lake. I hear some go for a million bucks. One near town had a sign for sale with some flyers hanging off of it to take. We grabbed one. It goes for under 300 grand, not as pricy, but it only has a view of the lake in 3 seasons....odd description. A few weeks ago, the Powerball was over 200 million. I certainly didn't win it, but dreamt about the houses along the route. It's not my time to win, and I know this because of the following. Anyone who knows me at all, knows it is my dream to own a quilt store. If I won the lottery, then subsequently bought the lake front property, I'd want to spend the summer there; how could I run this store? I want my paws in it, I want to run it. I want to pet the fabric and be inspired by books, patterns and fabric. I want to visit with customers and see what they are working on and hear their stories. I want to share my craft. I used to get a high when we would go to Lancaster and I would buy fabric. I would have butterflies in my stomach, I have that feeling now as I talk about my passion. So that would be the dilemma of wanting to be in 2 places at once. The solution is not to open a store in the lake area, I know my market. No solution tonight, just dreams.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home