Friday, August 11, 2006

Deadlines

Being on call is officially over. I am so glad. I was out for 4 hours last night, then came home to write up the notes for another 2 1/2 hours. One call I went out with the police, who actually should have been with me on the 1st call. I thought being on call during the week was better than the weekend. Things can usually wait till morning, but not the weekend. I logged 13 hours in 3 days, that's a lot.
The best part of today is that I have 1 more week till vacation, 5 more working days. The worst part, I only have 5 more working days! Yesterday I learned I have to write a 17 page court report on 6 children by next Friday. I will be out of town Monday and Tuesday seeing kids at facilities, and have pretty much the rest of the week booked up. I foresee some late nights at work this week, and I already racked up 20 hours of comp time in the past 2 weeks, in addition to the overtime of 13 hours on call.
So do I celebrate one more week or freak out.
I would like to disappear from civilization for a week and leave the cell phone behind. Make that 2 weeks please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home