Sunday, October 22, 2006

an impromptu trip

Tina, Catherine and I went on an impromptu trip to Lancaster this weekend. I sent a link of the Whoopie Pie Festival to Tina the week before. Well about Wednesday she asked me what I was doing this weekend and said she thought we ought to go to it. When I asked Catherine what she was doing and what we had planned, she said she had to see that! I can't go to Lancaster without going to a quilt store so of course we had to work that into our plans.
On our way down we beeped at the Nanticoke exit to a certain someone and waved. We also did this on the way back.
Tina got up her nerve and registered for the whoopie pie eating contest. There were about 60 people signed up. You had 3 minutes to eat as many as you could. There were kids and adults and they called them up 3 at a time. An adult man who was small, ate 16, which was very exciting. Then along came a guy, small, probably in his 20s. He had 3 cups of water. He dipped them in and ate 37!! That was it for Tina. She knew she couldn't ever do anything close, so she didn't go when her name was called. I don't think she could have done 10! But it was great to see, and we laughed all weekend about the stupidest little things. And we got fabric!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave S. said...

I was thinking about giving that whoopie pie contest a shot myself, but had a family reunion that day. Darn family!

Your friend should have competed anyhow...eating contests are fun! Especially if you had a camera.

5:46 PM  
Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Did I ever mention that I'm just six minutes off that exit? SIX MINUTES!!! If you were passing through between 11:30 and 3:00 on Saturday you would have seen me working in the yard and wouldn't have even had to get out of the car!

Well, I promise if I'm ever blowing through the land of carousels, speedies, shoes, and computers, I'll let you know in advance!

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home