Tuesday, October 31, 2006

the 3rd Muskateer resurfaces

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. Tina, Steve and I were the 3 Muskateers. He went off to California and got married and had kids. He calls from time to time. I think he called a year and a half ago. He's still in my cell phone. When my cell rang tonight and it said 'Steve' I was shocked. My birthday is within a week and I wondered if that was why.
What memories. We have so many over 19 or so years. Half my life.
I thought I was going to get to avoid the soul searching and self loathing that comes with every birthday. Who am I? Where am I going? Is this really it?
I hung up the phone and tears came to my eyes and I wondered why. I didn't really know what to feel. When we talked or said good bye in person, we all always said 'love you' and the reply was 'love ya too'. Tonight he said it. And like it was yesterday, the response rolled off my tongue.
I find it hard to believe that as he moved on in life, I'm still in the cell phone. He was stuck in traffic. I don't care why he called, I'm just glad he did. What I wouldn't give to turn back the clock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home