Saturday, January 22, 2005

one sound

Siobhan has something that gives her a prompt to write, maybe a website she goes to. Last week one of the prompts was to write about a sound. The immature person in me thought of a sound which also generates a smell...but in thinking of the original idea, I thought if you could only hear one sound again, what would it be? Your mate telling you they love you? hearing a baby say mama? rain? music? the purring of a cat?
Imagine if you could only have one sense, or if one were taken away, which would it be? Dina and I have talked about it. I fear losing my sight, not being able to see and make quilts; all the beautiful colors and fabrics. Seeing the bright sunshine or beautiful colorful flowers. Or touch...not being able to feel a needle in your fingers to quilt those stitches of love. What about smell? In my line of work that might not be such a bad thing. Hearing? I hope to never experience a loss of any of my senses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home