Friday, December 31, 2004

a final thought

Dina and I went to lunch today. It was a nice unseasonably warm day and so my hair was pulled back. It was also brighter out. All this led to many, many gray hairs showing. Where did they all come from? I mean I know I have gray but all of a sudden they have friends. Maybe it is time to come into the dying age- as in coloring my hair. I am resisting it as long as I can. I have red hair, yes natural. As a kid, it was bright and I hated it because I was called carrot top and all kinds of names. My mom used to tell me people pay money to get your hair color and I used to say they can have it. Well, now that I am older, I don't want to have to pay money to have my OWN hair color.
The other funny thing about aging...tonight when I got online, sites were bigger. I was reading another blog and I thought maybe he increased his print for aging eyes, but all the blogs came up that way. Maybe mom did something.
This is the year things happen, right? I would love for Dina and I to double date. At least we would have fun even if the date were bad! This is my 'transition' year. I am not comfortable at my current weight and so I WILL lose the weight this year and next year will be the one where it all falls into place....gotta think positive.
Where does one find a mate? church? grocery store? work? My church has alot of young familes or eldery, no younger singles- which is too bad, I would love to meet someone from church. I like my church and my faith is important ot me. Work- not in my current position since I interviewed people for asistance programs, people who qualified because their income was too low, but mainly people not working. Sorry, but gainfully employed is something I look for in a mate.
I say mate, because I am looking for a soul mate :-)
So this year I come out of my cocoon and become a butterfly. I'll gather and study and plot and plan.
Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home