Sunday, December 12, 2004

stick to what you know kid

I wish I had millions of dollars and could just give presents, just to see the look on people's faces; sheer surprise.
Last night we had a dinner party for Dina's birthday which is Monday. Dina has such a childlike quality to her in that she truly appreciates things. He face lights up like a kids on Christmas morning when she gets excited. I love to watch her face. I cooked the meal with Siobhan's help- who is an amazing cook. It was a role reversal for us. Just a bit ago, we were in her kitchen and she was learning how to make a quilt. I like to cook when I want, not when I have to. I'd eat cereal every night for dinner if I could! My mom isn't the best cook, her extent of using herbs and spices is pepper. My aunt says that my father didn't like alot of spice, so she never used it.
Siobhan and I were looking at a recipe which calle for 4 herbs and I said we didn't have them, never used them. She asked, 'what were you brought up on, bad food?' Yes I said- that's why I eat out alot! Mom says onions give her heartburn, so if I cook she complains if there are onions in it.....why make anything then- it won't have any flavor?
Lst night we made this awesome chili, it had 2 cups of onions in it, she'd have shit a brick- even though they cook down!
Everything was made from scratch, even the cake and frosting- no box mix here! I think I'll stick to quilting! It would be wonderful if we all lived together, I could quilt, Siobhan can cook, and Dina can bake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home