Friday, November 26, 2004

mixed feelings

I was looking at another blog, he was talking about work and how the job used to be enjoyable and no longer is. First of all, I am mad at myself for even thinking about work on my vacation. But I am in the same situtaion. I also had an interview on Monday for a change of scenery. It's the same employer overall, different department, same title and pay. They said they were inpressed that I came for the interview since I was on vacation. ow I don't know if I even want the job. It's a new pilot program. I will still have a job if it doesn't work out, but would have to go where there would be an opening which would most likely be CPS Intake....I've been there, don't want to go back. This new job is also back working with families and the foster care system.
Part of me says I don't want it, after all change is hard and uncomfortable, and although I am unhappy in my current position, I can do it in my sleep.
The other part says what's the big deal, it's a challenge and you are bored with your job now, AND you can do anything; rise to the challenge.
I am also on a civil service list for a promotion and there are a few openings. I could end up back in services.
I know what it is: There is no job anywhere I would do cartwheels over. I love to quilt and my dream would be to own my own shop someday, so anything else is just something to pay the bills. I hope they don't offer me the job, then I don't have to decide anything. What unpleasant thoughts, I'm going to sew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home