Saturday, November 06, 2004

ramblings

You know what I find funny, not ha-ha funny; funny-odd....I don't know why I keep a blog. Who sees it? Who really cares. I'm not one to toot my own horn or use big words no one knows( especially myself). I don't think one should have to reference a dcitionary to read another's blog, but that could be just dummy me. Sometimes Siobhan uses big words, and Dina looks at me and I tell her a simpler work....Siobhand might say didactic, and Dina will look at me like what is she saying and I look at her and say teacher. Not that I have a vast vocabulary myself.

So I think, oh maybe I'll write something, what sound I write? So I look at other's blog and see if it stirs my creative juices. Nope.
I receive a job board listing online and just finished looking through it, how depressing. I mean, I don't like my job, but sometimes- like now, I am thankful I have one. I have been there 13 years and of course we all feel we are underpaid, especially us in the single, no dependents category who get the shit taxed out of us only to see it get refunded in the form of earned income credit tax refunds to those who receive amounts in the thousands although they paid only hundreds in taxes, but I'm not bitter. Phew. Back to the matter at hand, those jobs on the board, want lots of education and experience and start out at peanuts. I'm glad I am not fresh out of college and in the job market. There is no way I could start anywhere new making my current salary, I would have to take a pay cut to get a new job; again, how depressing.

I also never start with a title in my blog. I write first, then see what it's about and then title it. not rocket science here.

I puttered a bit tonight, nothing exciting here though. I went to get brown pants to go with this great turtlemeck sweater I have.....by the way, why do they call it a turtle neck? I have no answer for this.
So I walk into the store and it's quiet, except for the girl, who apparently can't shop alone, because she talked on her cell phone the entire time. I hate cell phones. I have one, but I keep it on vibrate. And I don't use all my minutes, I'm just not that important. My mom has one too, but hardly carries it and my grandmother gets mad. She asks me what if I need to get ahold of her in an emergency. I asked my grandmother what did people do before cell phones....AND this coming from a woman who won't use a microwave, nor does she own one. She's afraid of them, no, she doesn't have a pace maker. My phone is a business phone for my quilting business, a necessity and still I hate it. Sometimes I call Dina on it, just to use some minutes, I may as well get some use of it and justify the cost of having it.
I'm thinking of not getting dressed tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home