Saturday, October 30, 2004

odds and ends

All week I have been looking forward to this weekend, I could sleep in and sew lots. Well I got up around 6:30am, so much for that.
I have his friend who puts her self down when it comes to her job. She works in Child Protective Services investigation reports of child abuse. I did it for 2 years, tough job; I transferred out....doesn't that tell her something! She compares herself to Dina and I. saying we are wonderful workers and how she wishes she could be more that. Ok, Dina is a great worker, conscientious, and goes the extra mile. Me, well I do more than my share and take on other's peoples work, but I call in when I get mad. I never used to do that. I don't like my job and make no bones about it to the powers that be, I'm looking for a transfer. I gues I feel bad because I know Siobhan works hard and stays late and sometimes I am so caught up I get to read. Luckily I have an ofice and can close the door. I have a co-worker next door who is going for her Master's . She does her homework most of he time at work and is behind in her cases, so what do I do? Take them from her and do them because I am bored. My interviews don't generally last long and this is the part I feel guilty about: if I can't help them or can solve it quickly, I don't want to sit there and have my clients go on and on about things that don't matter or will not change the case. Often I make decisions quickly and dispose of the case quickly and that is how I see more clients than others. I am not rude to them, it's just that there are others waiting to be seen, so I move one. There is another co-worker whose philosophy is that they waited their turn so they should have their time; I think she drags those interviews out. No one says anything to her; she is legally blind and her 'disability' comes in handy sometimes for her. Being legally blind has nothing to do with how long her conversations go. We do fill out a comment sheet, which she memorized, so she knows where all the info goes. She doesn't add many comments, so it shouldn't take long to fill it out. They know I will step up to the plate and pick up the slack. But what else can I do, sit around in my office till we all see the same number of people, I'd be bored out of my mind.
Well, now that I am up and my mind is working somewhat, I guess I will go accomplish something, so much for sleeping in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home