Thursday, October 28, 2004

add on

I was just reading the comment on an entry and saw a link. I went to the link and read the daily prayer for today. I felt a calmness. Thank you DB :-)
It could be that the calmness comes from being out of the office today, to a regional meeting which required an hour drive in the beautiful sunshine; catching a glimpse of summer slipping away. I have had a camera in the car for the past few weeks, trying to catch the trees and leaves changing. Tonight I took a picture on the way home of the hillside. It has turned to rusts, maroons, and deep golds. I hope someday to do a lnadscape quilt, so I am collecting pictures.
I stopped at the glass place after work. I recently took a stained glass class and really like it. I haave made a few pieces but do not want to make the token suncathers. A friend gave me an old window from the barn they had; I had wanted to put some quilt blocks in there. I thumbed thru books and patterns, looked at glass and talked to Ruth. She lets me play with the beveled glass, going behind the counter to take all shapes and sizes and arranging it in different patterns. I played with beads, jewels and globs and Ruth gave me lots of pointers, knowledge and inspiration ans taught me how to frame my pieces with wood. I brought the window frame in, it has been in the trunk. We talked about a design and I will draw it and design it and Ruth will help. It will be a major piece if it comes out as good and the picture in my mind.
I thought I was just stopping in to look at the bevels and get measurements and walked out an hour and 45 minutes later with 2 little bags of purple glass beads........they will be grapes. And when I am done, I will enjoy the fruits of my labor (pun intended)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home