Saturday, December 25, 2004

liquid presents

Dina spoils me soooo much. My mom too. I got something for Dina for her birthday about 2 weeks ago that I knew she really liked, but would never get for herself. The only problem with that is that she did just what I thought she would do for christmas....go overboard on me. That wasn't the plan.
Last week at mass, Fr. Tom was saying he wasn't going to preach about people going into debt to be the most popular person at Christmas. I like to do special gifts for the people who mean the most to me. Not just 'gotta get them something'. I knew Dina would like the picture.
One of the many great gifts she gave me was a few bottles of wine, and I am enjoying one now! Liquid presents are the best.
I gotta tell you I am glad last night is over, considering I walked out of our traditional gathering at my grandmother's last night. Maybe we'll talk about that another time. I did it a few years ago, different uncle I fought with. Mom asks me to go, it's just a few hours, and my grandmother is 86 years old and who knows. I really don't think I can do that next year. If I had a shrink, they would probably tell me it's not good for me. I didn't get to see my aunt open the stained glass piece I made her or my uncle the quilt I made him....hope they liked it.
Maybe I can get married in the next year and go to his house for Christmas Eve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home