Saturday, December 18, 2004

odd

My mom's aunt died Friday; my great aunt. We were just at her husband's funeral in April, just days after my mom's brother died...that was a rough week for her. I feel so bad for my cousin....I can't imagine losing both of your parents in the same year- 8 months apart. How awful. I am truly thankful for my mom.
They reside about 3 hours away. I am off Monday and Friday this week, now Tuesday as well for the funeral. Just 2 days of work this week....my last week in my current position. Tuesday is out unit Christmas party...all are bringing something, I was in charge of a dessert, cake....made from scratch I'll have you know. They were also calling it my 'goodbye party'. I won't even be there for it.
In these last few weeks of this year and holiday sesason. many are scrambling. I know my mom is. Trying to bake and buy gifts. By the way, she is retired. I work a fulltime job and run a business on the side and I managed to get my shopping done and wrapped. I don't understand why people wait till the last minute...Christmas comes the same time every year; it wasn't a surprised or something we sprang on you.
Anyways, while all are in chaos, I am completely at peace, amazing.....and it feels good. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home