Thursday, December 16, 2004

new news

Haven't you been dying to find out what happened? Thanks for asking. Siobahn came in and told me who they picked for the higher up position. I knew, based on that, that I didn't get it. I remember sitting there feeling trapped. At least when I was interviewing I had hope that I could get out. I get bored easily and needed a change desperately. My mind wandered and I thought I better pay attention to what she is saying.
Well it turns out they couldn't reach me- damn civil service- but offered me a lateral position to transfer in that unit. I actually thought about it, and then said to myself, are you crazy? You felt trapped a few minutes ago, you HAVE to take it, and what's the big deal, you were prepared to leave for a promotion to that very unit. So, I accepted. My big boss is pissed. They can deny a lateral transfer request but they can't deny a promotion. So I didn't think they were going to let me go. Departments discussed and fought and I am starting the new position Jan. 3rd.
So I started disassembling my office. It was quite homey, with quilted wallhangings, shelves with pictures and figurines; lots pf pretties. Now it looks institutional.
Turns out no one is off the week after Christmas, so I ask my boss for it off and get it. The big boss came by and looked at my office and said it looks so plain and that it's going to be hard to sit in there without all the pretties for that long a time. Little does she know I only have to look at it for 4 more days. Funny how they couldn't let me go when upstairs wanted me.....I'll be spending that week on vacation. I'm afraid she will find out and cancel my vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home