Tuesday, December 28, 2004

the sick bed is open for business

We have a spare room, used to be my bedroom when my brother lived home. Boy was I happy when he got married and moved out and I got the big room; his. It has a twin bed in it; our guest room and the computer and a tv and vcr (I know we haven't come into the DVD age yet). This bed is also the sick bed. Our bathroom is on the 1st floor so when we are sick we sleep in the as opposed to being upstairs in your own bed...far, far away from the bathroom.
This bed also gets stuff piled on it, especially during the holidays. Well I have had a cold, very slight one, for about 3 weeks and it chose to rear it's stronger part about Christmas. So last night, after cards-Dina made me go- I came home and unpiled the sick bed.
I spent the night there and, from noon on, today in the recliner. I watched several of The Real World on MTV....why do they call it that? There is nothing real about it. The Surreal Life is a little closer, but hey, I wish I could go spend 6 months living in a luxurious house, not having to hold a real job or buy food or pay bills. I wish my biggest choice was which boy to dance with or which club to go to. I don't watch it much anymore; infact I don't watch much tv at all and now I know why. I remember watch The Real World 3 years ago, when they filmed while 9-11 happened. It was Aneesa's birthdy and all she could think of was how it was her birthday and now it was spoiled because of what happened and she would always have that constant reminder on that day. wahhhhhhhhh.
A woman at work's daughter was married this past year on September 11th. Life does go on; luckily for us.
I can't believe the Tsunami disaster. Those images keep running through my mind. I pray for the people, and all that challenges them. Millions homeless. Dead in the streets and the threat of more death due to the unsanitary conditions they are now in. I am thankful to be living in the real world even in my sick bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home