Sunday, January 30, 2005

Friendship

Yesterday, I kept thinking it was an 'anniversary'. Don't you know, the phone rang last night and it was Robert saying 'happy anniversary'. We have been friends 14 years. The saying 'acquaintances many, friends few' rings true for me. I know a lot of people; people I have known, or worked with-many over 10 years, but the ones I call my friends, my true friends, I can count on one hand. These are the ones I know will be there for me no matter what, those I can trust with my life.
Last Friday my boss' mother died. I feel so bad for her. She is getting married in May and her mother won't be there. She had been sick since Oct. and in the hospital the whole time. She had been near death several times but would get better slightly. She had received last rights a month ago. I guess seeing her 'deteriorate' may have lessened the blow, but I don't think you can ever fully prepare yourself. My boss came back this week and people visited her constantly. I sit right next to her office and never saw her cry, but she didn't look well. She said to me, you know how it is, you're close to your mother too'. I don't think I could come back in 3 days and pull myself together. I know her doctor gave her sleeping pills, maybe she's on something else, I think I would need to be. I don't want to think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home