Sunday, May 27, 2007

moving day

Well I am proud to say that I got the key to my new store Thursday night and everything is in it's place. Tina has been working with me tirelessly. We worked all week at work, then were at my store till after 10:30 both Thursday and Friday.
Yesterday morning we picked up the UHaul rental truck at 7 am. I drove it and felt so butch!! No offense to anyone, I have gay friends! We loaded 3 rooms, including my longarm machine which is a hug job-in 1 hour. We unloaded and spent the rest of the day working like mad. A few friends showed up and lended a hand. There was a lot of assembling. Tina spent many hours logging in inventory and vendors and printing barcodes, then tagging merchandise. Other people stopped in to be nosy I guess. One friend brought others who wanted to peek at the stuff. It's very frustrating trying to get things in place and done when people want a tour. I was so happy when everyone left and it was just Tina and I. I put the merchandise out; I like that part-making it look nice and putting my touch on it. It was so quiet and peaceful; the most peace I had in a week. We made an early night last night and left after 9.
I went to church this morning and headed right to the store after mass. I was there before 10. Tina had some things to do so I got a few things done and tried my hand at entering inventory. I should learn to use the system after all! Another quilting pal stopped by in the afternoon to help. It was a quiet day doing things that just take time to do. I expect more deliveries this week. I will be on my own Tuesday and Wednesday, then Tina is off the end of the week to finish up what we can.
I brought my travel sewing machine and sewed a quick 'curtain' for the utility sink area. That's the most I have sewed in months! I expect to be down to the store by 8 am, probably sooner tomorrow. Good thing I have my mom to run errands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home