Thursday, February 22, 2007

happenings

I have been making lots of phone calls trying to get information on opening a business. Tina and I went and looked at 2 places on Monday. One was way too big and the other I liked. It's not quite ready yet. It is a little small but a good starter I think. Tina is concerned about the parking. One realtor showed us the place but you have to talk to another guy who won't be back till this coming Monday. I called the heat/utility company on the place and don't think it will be much at all.
We are going to look at another place on Saturday which needs some work the guy says. We'll see. I have given my self a good headache over all this! I had dinner last night with a friend who is an accountant and does my taxes. Of course her husband and kids had to go. Her and her husband bicker; it's like having dinner with the Costanza's just not as loud. That didn't help the headache. I guess it's a small price to pay for free business advice.
Then I was talking to Robert, who I thought was going to loan me the money and kept telling me we'll talk when you get here. Well that is a week from yesterday. Last night he says where are you gonna get the capital for this. Talk about having your dreams shattered. So I guess I will have to go the route of writing a business plan. That should be a little easier since I have been making all these calls and getting information.
Oh yeah, 1 more thing. I was in a quilt store Tuesday afternoon taking a class and the fabric sales rep was there. After they finished their business and the owner went out to the counter, I went up to the guy telling him I was looking to start a business myself and did he have a card. He said he didn't have one right on him but that it's difficult because he has many of the local accounts. He said he would get me a card. He never came back in to give it to me. What a jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home