Sunday, January 21, 2007

happenings

One of my co-workers' mother passed away Friday night. The girl and I used to be friends but I pulled away from the situation; there was always so much drama. She got married in October and I was invited to the wedding, which really surprised me. Her mother really suffered. She had cancer. She also was diabetic and had a problem with her leg/ankle. She had so many surgeries on it to try and save it. She had been in a wheel chair for years, unable to use the leg. When she got cancer, she had to decided which to deal with; deal with the leg and skip the chemo, or do the chemo and skip the leg. She eventually lost the leg at the knee. At one point she was able to use a prothesis and walk across the room which made them all happy. She was a fighter. I am sorry to hear of their loss but happy that she is no longer is so much pain. I have been trying not to think of it so much this weekend because I think my mother and losing her. I am not looking forward to the wake and funeral. No one ever looks forward to those, but it is something you have to do.
On a positive note, the quilts have been coming in and I have been busy. Of course, beaus there is something else I need to get done. I really want to get a quilt done for my priest who will be turning 60 in a few weeks. He won't say exactly when, but I know it is before Valentine's Day. I think it is actually in the 1st few days of February. He'll get the quilt sometime in February!
No one has won the Powerball which gives me hope! A local group won 2nd prize of 200 grand this week; they bought their ticket at the same place I do. 12 of them will share the money. My friend Mary Jane knows them; she used to work at the same place. She told of each person individually; how this will will drink it away and how that one doesn't need the money but so and so really needs it.
I need to go look for opportunity....I'll explain that another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home