Wednesday, March 28, 2007

getting there

well things are going well. I found a place!!! I should have known that the other place was not for me. I guess I knew it all along but just didn't think anything was out there...that I could afford. I know everything happens for a reason, and that is why all the difficulties with the other place. So I was driving down to PA; I am about 10 miles to the state line. I was going to drop off a quilt to a customer. I saw this beautiful place I used to do consignment at. It is a log cabin type place and it was a high end furniture store billed as Adirondack charm. I knew it was for sale for almost 200 grand so I thought there was no way I could afford a lease. It is $50 a month more than the 1st place and I don't have to put a dime into, where as the other place I was budgeting 10 grand for remodeling. The place is perfect and beautiful and made for me. It has quilt racks on the windows from the previous people and the back part has a garage door and a huge counter and shelf unit that would be awesome for shipping. I plan to do a website too!
I am signing a lease for June 1st. Tomorrow I am going down to talk to the sign guy about the sign, the lettering on the door and a static sticker for the car. I also get to go in the place again. I am meeting up with the owners to pick up the lease and talk to Mike about building me a counter check out area to match the store. The store is done in reclaimed barn wood; the floor is chestnut.....simply gorgeous.
There is still so much to do like getting phone and internet service, electric changed over and propane. Not to mention what computer system I will use, and the ordering of all the supplies. I go to Quilt Market 5 weeks from today, then it will fly by.
In the mean time, I work and extra hour and a half every day at work, try to come home and do a quilt, and plan for a store in between. I am getting backed up on quilts.
The owner is giving me so much help along the way about all these little things that she had to do when she set up her business. I also have an option to buy and she said what I pay to her can go towards the purchase price.
I am so excited, but the closer I get, the more I doubt myself. I plan to be open 7 days a week and run it myself. It will be a lot of work, but it's my passion. How many people say shoulda, coulda, woulda...

1 Comments:

Blogger rimalicious said...

Check out www.easysite.com for your website. I am in the process of using it to build sites for our Boys & Girls Club and our Friends of the Library Board. I am NOT a web designer and it has been so easy. Look at what I have done so far ... this was just today and is in no way ready to go public but wow! http://www.easysite.com/bgclub

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home