Thursday, March 15, 2007

not sure where to start

Well I am not sure where to start. Vacation was great. We went to lots of quilt stores and they were so helpful and gave me great advice about opening a business. I was told about THE big trade show in Salt Lake City, Utah in May...so guess who is now holding plane and hotel reservations?!
Robert has been great. I have been looking for a location and have one I really like that has great parking and is a half mile from my house. BUT it needs work. There are more problems, it is for sale. And Chris went to look at it with me and he said it is more work than he wants to take on so I need to find a contractor. I was so upset last week after looking at it. I don't want to put 10 grand in to it, have it sold and get booted by a new owner. Robert said if I thought it was worth buying that maybe he would buy it and lease it to me. I wasn't expecting that.
I am amazed at how no one returns phone calls, especially when you are looking to give them money. The guy who is in charge of the building has to talk to his partners. He told me he would get back to me 2 days in a row and guess what, no return call.
I looked and called on a few other locations, nothing I like and way too high rent, plus some you have to pay property taxes on. It has been terrible. The cut off to be in the phone book which comes out in August is in May, so I really want to sign a lease by May 1st, otherwise I won't be in the phone book for a year.

My mom had the diamond my father gave her reset in a ring along time ago and that setting was old and cracking. Tonight she gave me a ring, a brand new setting with the diamond in it. It looks like an old setting which I love. The diamond is 42 years old! I have the best mom. She was upset when I came back from Texas and told her I was opening a shop. She is upset that I am walking away from a 16 year career & health insurance. But she is coming around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, career changes are everywhere. But maybe I'll give you a chance to catch up on the last few weeks...

- Harold

P.S. Blogger is not letting me comment using my username. I think it's broken again.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home