Saturday, March 31, 2007

practice

Since I am opening up a new shop, I am selling all my fabric, books and patterns to generate more cash. I will have lots of new fabric at my disposal soon! I have invited fellow quilters and they have come in groups. This morning was another 'sale' day. A group of about 6 came. They are a friend's sewing group, not real advanced but they get together anyway. I took a day off from work twice and went out and taught them a class. It was good practice. And it teaches me patience! So I stood at the bottom of the driveway and greeted them all, also more practice! I was helping a lady look for fabric for a project she was working on and another called for me. Then the one lady was picking fabric I didn't really like or thought went together, but she liked it and it will be her quilt. All this good practice!
Later, Tina and I went to Target to get a mini fridge that they had on sale.
My uncle came to mass with us tonight and then we drove across the border (about 10 miles) to PA to get his lottery tickets. We stopped at the new store since we have to drive right by and he looked in the window. I got excited again, and then I start to worry if it will be enough room. People are asking about classes and I don't really have the room for them and the machine but think I can make it work for 4 people; small classes. I am not ready to teach regularly. I don't know what I am going to teach, and I don't have any samples made, or quilts for the walls. We go to Quilt Market in 32 days.
My goals this week are to look at and hopefully decide on phone service, talk to the insurance guy and settle that, and talk to the newspaper about listing a quilter's garage sale and future grand opening, and other little papers for the grand opening-advertising.

1 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

But won't you be needing your books and patterns?

Pictures! We want pictures!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home