Saturday, April 02, 2005

why a blog?

A co-worker of mine said he didn't get what a blog is about? I didn't tell him I blog occasionally. I said I thought it was like a journal...then I thought why do I have a blog? No one reads it, and do I really care? So I was thinking why do it? It is for people who are full of hot air and want to be heard? The people in my life probably already know everything I would write about. Do bloggers feel a need to say to the world look at me and what I wrote. It's more important than anything you'll ever have to say. I'm full of myself.
So, calling all bloggers....what is the point...exactly?

2 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

In the Epilogue to his new collection of essays and short stories "Scatterbrain", Larry Niven describes writing thusly: "We tell stories to ourselves. If we're lucky, someone else wants to hear them too." I guess this also applies to blogging.

Blogging is also a stab at immortality - what you write will continue to bounce around the internet somewhere, in some form, maybe for as long as such data is stored.

I don't think bloggers are necessarily saying (about their writing) It's more important than anything you'll ever have to say. Actually, I encourage other people to start blogs whenever the opprtunity arises so they can have their say, too.

For people wondering about what a blog is, you can always direct them to the relevant Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

8:29 AM  
Blogger R.A. Slater said...

Why not Lisa? I am a storyteller at heart and the Blogs have given me someplace to spin my tales in the hopes that someone will see them and be encouraged. I happened across Blogs almost by accident and have one that I read everyday...so far. To be sure, my Blog is an experiment right now...but so dar I am enjoying it, even if the only ones that ever read my entries are my friends.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home