Thursday, June 28, 2007

gone for now

Robert left yesterday afternoon. It was great having him here. We had a good visit. I am not good at goodbye, but usually I get through it. Our goodbyes are quick. In March he dropped me off at the curb at the airport, we hugged, said goodbye and I walked away. I need to do it quick.
This time I mulled about it for days and got very emotional. I knew that when he pulled into the parking lot on Wednesday it would be to say goodbye. Even as I write this, tears spring to my eyes. I had written him a letter Tuesday night and put it in a card, so when I walked him to the truck, I put the card in the pocket in the door. He asked what it was and I told him it was for him to read later.
How can you thank someone who has made your dreams come true? He is proud of me and the store and believes in me.
So now it's back to focusing on the grand opening in 2 weeks and the camera crew that is coming next week to tape a spot on the public television station.
I will see him in October, so it's not goodbye...it's see you in a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home