Saturday, June 23, 2007

almost freaked out

Yesterday afternoon the modem went out, which meant no phone for the store and I couldn't accept credit cards. I called the cable company to let them know and they ask if it is unplugged. Don't you think I checked that before I called? They said they would try to send someone today. That about set me off. I told them as calmly as I could, that I can't take a credit card, don't have any phone services so no one can call into the store and that I can't set my alarm tonight. Luckily I had my cell phone. They did tell me that commercial accounts take precedence. Well big whoop!! I could have lots lots of sale over this!
So the guy gets here right at closing time and asks if I got his message. Ummmm, does he remember why he is here....to fix the phone?! He said the modem was fried and hooked up a new one.
I hate that part of running a business; relying on someone else to provide a service to you. Take for example ordering from vendors. Most of the time I do not get a complete order; something is always on back order.
But I do love being here. It is so peaceful.
Robert and I met Tina out Thursday night at a bar. When we walked in she was with people from work that I don't care for. I didn't like the feeling I got, so we left and went and had dinner elsewhere. I still get the willies when I think of my old job; which is not very often. It amazes me that I worked there for 16 years and forget that I did and never think about the place until someone from there calls. One girl I am friends with and when she calls me, she usually says something about the place or a case she has. I don't want to hear it. When I tell her how peaceful I am, she says she doesn't want to hear it, so I think I will need to tell her that.

1 Comments:

Blogger D.B. Echo said...

Do you have an alternate method of taking credit cards? One of those old impression-on-carbon-paper machines that goes KA-RUNCH? You'd still probably need a phone line to verify the card - so you might want to get a second line, or at least a separate jack for the phone so if the modem goes on the fritz, you can still use the phone. I know a lot of places that have had their credit card machines go down at one time or another.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home